Spencers monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cool i have a sandstone paver under the heat source which is about 30 cm from the light i will stack some more in there.

lol grats dabool so jealous! def my fav monitar! but way to big until i get a humble home of my own :p

mine have never bitten me but they whip there tails a bit sometimes, they can get fiesty if they are hungry, mine like woodies, pinkies, whiskerys jelly meat tinned cat food, they like little things that they can sleep under and DONT put sand as the flooring because when they go to the loo the sand can stick to them then it can end up inside them and cause infections use a fake grass or bark chips that dont have chemicals on them :)

ps thats my lil one in my avatar he is the funniest little man, he surprisingly can jump really high... wierd because my other one doesnt jump

thanks for the info has one of yours had an anal impaction?
would be great if can you post some pics of your set up .

nope havent been sick at all luckily sure thing i will take some pictures tommorow when there out and about so u can see :) i am still working out how to use this site i only joined yesturday but ill try to make a board with some pics i can pm u when there up or just keep an eye out :D

Some pics

Attachments

• 2aa.JPG
    2aa.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 3aa.JPG
    3aa.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 7aa.JPG
    7aa.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 10aa.JPG
    10aa.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 157
they like little things that they can sleep under and DONT put sand as the flooring because when they go to the loo the sand can stick to them then it can end up inside them and cause infections use a fake grass or bark chips that dont have chemicals on them :)

Who told you that? sounds like complete rubbish to me. Most ppl keep their goannas on sand or soil of some sort(or atleast have some somewhere in the cage). I know i do and havnt ever had a problem.

Who told you that? sounds like complete rubbish to me. Most ppl keep their goannas on sand or soil of some sort(or atleast have some somewhere in the cage). I know i do and havnt ever had a problem.
everyone i know keeps their monitors on sand with no problems.
it could be an isolated incident but i would have to say it would be pretty rare to occur.

pugsly thankyou for posting those pics they are great.

hey guys i am getting a spencers monitor and i am going to build an enclosure for it for a full grown one and i have heard that it needs to be at least twice as long as the monitor and i am only getting one that is fully grown at 120cm so would it be ok for it to live in a 240cm long, 120cm high and 120cm deep enclosure? thanks

Height is ok but I would go bigger if you can.Is this animal 120cm long?.

i no a bigger enclosure is better but i just dont know where to get a bigger enclosure and the sizes i listed above is the max size sheets of wood i can buy to build an enclosure plus i dont want to keep it outside because victoria can get pretty damn cold and plus it would be better for him to be able to experience all the different smells and being around people and being able to look out of his enclosre to see all people around him and to experience little things like having the tv on will also help him become tame and more calm around people

i no a bigger enclosure is better but i just dont know where to get a bigger enclosure and the sizes i listed above is the max size sheets of wood i can buy to build an enclosure plus i dont want to keep it outside because victoria can get pretty damn cold and plus it would be better for him to be able to experience all the different smells and being around people and being able to look out of his enclosre to see all people around him and to experience little things like having the tv on will also help him become tame and more calm around people

M8 there not dogs,do some more research into monitors.Stress can kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back