Spider ID ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettix

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Caught these guys today think they might be young funnel webbs,what do you think ?

Attachments

• pics 054.jpg
    pics 054.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 78
  • pics 047.jpg
    pics 047.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 77
  • pics 046.jpg
    pics 046.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 60
  • pics 051.jpg
    pics 051.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 75
They either look like the funnel webs ... Looks like one I killed in my back yard a few days ago
Well I just went and had a look at my son's venoumous spider book thats a funnel web...

Last edited:
first pic is a different spider to the other 3 pics caught within 50m of each other.
Both look the same species though.

They look the same different sex are normally different sizes so maybe females and males ummm there is the Tree Dwelling Funnelwebs then there are the Blue mountains funnelwebs so there ya go

Atrax robustus is there spieces name common name we all know I hate them especially when i have a 16mth old who runs in the garden yuckky

You wouldn't have the Northern Tree Dwelling funnelweb. That doesn't occur near people, and usually lives around 40-50ft above the ground. They're apparently the most venomous spiders in the world!

I'm not sure if they are funnelwebs even (too thin legs, too big butt?) but I'm nowhere near an expert so don't even take that opinion on board hahaha. Did you find them in a web?

i would have said a Funnel Web, although it could quite likely be a female mouse spider. they look very similar IMO. im no expert though.
a relative of mine was bitten by a big black spider that was origionally thought to be a funnel web, but turned out to be a mouse spider.
however, im sure someone can give you a more definent answer.

it is some sort of funnel web for sure ,and gravid too .
were did you find here ?

They're bloody scary ones. They look like funnle webs. But i'm no expert.

Definitly not a mouse spider. Mouse spiders are far stockier, with HUGE 'jaws' and 45 degree angled fangs

I found them under a log,there were alot of holes and webbs around them.
But these couldn't escape me fast enoughf haha lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back