Spotted Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes tasmaniensis), Tadpoles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xavarx7

Reaction score
Hi

A bout two weeks ago my spotted marsh frogs breed and now they have become tadpoles, I was wondering if anyone has breed these guys before and knows how long it will be in till they will start to morph.

Any help is much appreciated

There should be a picture attached.

Attachments

• Post4.JPG
    Post4.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 254
nice, i used to own some, how do you tell the sexes?
Hey Gecko-mad, to what i have been told is if you look at there chin area the males have a dark greeny colour and the females are just plain white, i could be wrong tho this is what i have been told.

Congrats on the breeding success. The tadpoles will morph quicker depending on the temperature and water level. The warmer and shallower the water the quicker they'll morph, the deeper and colder the water the slower the rate of growth will be. When they start to sprout legs provide a rock protruding from the water surface so they can climb out, as they'll quickly drown once froglets. Also the breeding males in SA have yellow throats, females all white, don't know about other locations.
Goodluck!

As for time frame, it could be as little as three months or up to 6 - 8 months in captivity. Sorry forgot to include in last post.

Water volume & quality will also affect their morph rate.
Well done on the breeding. I would be interested in some when they morph if you are selling them.

As for time frame, it could be as little as three months or up to 6 - 8 months in captivity. Sorry forgot to include in last post.
Thanks Pythons-rock, i haven't found much info on the time it takes the taddies to morph, i have the water heated to about 20 -21, thanks for the help and for gecko mad there eating boiled and then frozen lettuce

Water volume & quality will also affect their morph rate.
Well done on the breeding. I would be interested in some when they morph if you are selling them.

hey Gary its Jesse, i bought the growlers of you and asked you about these guys, thanks for the help, there in a big plastic container and i try to change there water once or twice a week, i'll be sure to let you know as soon as the morph, thanks again =]

Try seperating them into 2 or 3 containers if you have them available Jesse.
They will have more room to move & a better tadpole to water ratio.
You will get them to morph quicker (depending on the water temp) & better morph rate.
Keep the food up to them too.

Ok thanks Gary, i'll see what i can do all tho my mum wasn't to pleased that i was converting one her containers into a taddie tank, let alone two lol. thanks for the help =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back