Spotted Python moving on its side?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platail

Reaction score
Hello,

I caught my spotted python rolling on his side and moving through his substrate, earlier, which I've never seen him do before. I did find a stray piece of shed skin in the area he was, and he shed about a week or less ago, so I'm wondering if he could simply have just been trying to get it off? I have been watching him and held him for over an hour and he has been acting perfectly normal since.

He does however sometimes approach things on his side like in the picture I have attached if he is moving between branches in his enclosure or from one hand to another. He has done this since he was a hatching, and besides that is completely healthy. No problems eating or pooping, has always shed in one piece except for this occasion (it was a small strip on his mid side), and he has no mites. He has heat pads and lamps, fresh water and his enclosure has a hot (32c) and cold (25c) end.
Screenshot_20190808_131958.jpg
Sorry for the picture quality he was moving towards the camera too fast and I couldn't focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back