spotted tree monitor nerve problem?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this is a query for a non member friend of my brothers...
I have only kept a lacey outside and can't help this guy cos I am not big on monitor husbandry..
This bloke has a year old spotted tree monitor that has appeared to go lame in the back legs. The animal is also twitching its legs and tail in convulsive fashion.
He swears he did not drop it or anything, and says that two weeks ago its belly bloated and the condition of the animal has worsened since then.
the monitor is still eating crickets and raw egg and drinks when sprayed with water.
Any ideas?

i could be wrong so dont quote me but it sounds like gut impactation or eating to much something along those lines where the animal eats to much and th amount of food presses up against the spinal thingies and therefore partially paralising the animals however like isaid i could be wrong biut that what ide say it is but he should probably take it to a vet anyway

thanks
nathan

he's been told to take it to a vet...and will do so, but i figured people here would know more than most vets anyway. cheers for the info.

actually sounds like M.B.D

how often is the food dusted? and is their a U.V supply?

U.V is only needed when the diet is not 100% satisfactory IMO. I had an animal that did this, as the female that laid the egg for my monitor had a calcuim deficincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back