Spring water or tap water for reptiles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People on APS do weird things, trust me. I, for example grow them from cuttings.

i-Bs9LWc8-M.jpg

I am with Michael, I might starting to add a bit of shiraz to that water to spice up my snakes dull life.

It works for me.

People on APS do weird things, trust me. I, for example grow them from cuttings.

i-Bs9LWc8-M.jpg

Really good strike there Michael, if it where only that easy.

Nothing but Evian darlink.......
*****s and giggles aside, personally I use filtered water and change it every three days with the bowls scrubbed/cleaned etc at the same time. Clean bowls are just as important as clean water. Sometimes I use water conditioner but I imagine Mr Reptisafe laughing like a maniac everytime I do on a reasonable pile of cash. The bottle does say "new improved", from what I am unsure.
Keeping things clean and simple is the best, no need for fancy stuff/product.

I use filtered water only because of the mineral sediments from the pipies and also the farm run off in the water. I remember I couldnt work out why my fish tanks had such high phosphorus levels...till I tested the water directly from the tap and realised it was farm run off...eeeek and thats just the fertiliser in it..... I filtered my fish tank water and the fish were so much healthier...and so now I do the same for my snakes...just to be on the safe side....all sorts of nasties can come through the tap water.....it just isnt widely publicised as the powers that be dont want people panicing about what is in the water....but if you count farm run off in the form of fertiliser and pesticide (think dieldron from the 70's that is still in the water table) and metal ions and on a bad day e-coil and thats enough for me.

I remember a client once telling me about trying to set up an organic farm and he wanted to have the water tested that was coming from the water board directly to his farm...nobody would agree to do a complete analysis on it....now this was 10 years ago so I dont know if it is the case now...but at the time nobody would test it for fear of what they might find and how they might be implicated.

There is a huge incentive for the government to have everyone think our water is safe...imagine if it got out it wasnt !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back