Stent's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here keep Stent's Birdeating spiders? I would love some pics and any advice on husbandry, Cheers, Boo

Spider_dog.JPG

This is mine:rolleyes::lol::lol: ROFL
Look on google, they have some good pics of birdeating spiders on there:p

Pfft, thats not a real spider, it has 10 legs

I don't keep them but other tarantulas are similar in requirements. Send me a PM if you want a web site with some more info - they are a nice T and will be my next spider.

Here is a picture of a stents birdeater post malt.
they have a slight tinge of purple to them at this stage

they are kept the same way as any species of birdeater.

we have care sheets on our website and we also have the stents birdeater for sale

Attachments

• newspeciesyj0.jpg
    newspeciesyj0.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 94
stents can be kept like most other aussie t's. I keep young in small deli cups, once they out grow them into chinese containers then as sub-adults and adults into kritter keepers or tanks. Use moist coco peat as a substrate.

by coco peat do you mean coir? Cheers bylo, i'll go have a look.

yup, coir or you can use peat moss but i recomend against it as the harvesting is destroying peat bogs.

Great, now are there any restrictions that anyone knows about for moving them interstate? I found out that i can't take my reps to Perth, so what about inverts?

Invert keeping is illegal in WA. I know of people being raided for having inverts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back