Stimson enclosure, what to pick?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedrake

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been searching and searching but so far I haven't found a thread for a suitable stimson enclosure. I wanted to know, what's the best size, heating, lighting and substrate to use? I was thinking about picking up an old tv cabinet or something similar and converting it, cause I don't think I would be quite good enough to make my own and I don't really want something that just looks like a box. From the amazing conversions I've seen it shouldn't be too difficult. What are your reccommendations?

well to start off with, what sized snake are u putting in it

a 3ft long wooden tank would be the best. Stimmies arent really aboreal but they will climb on low branches etc. A stimmie will get to about a meter so you need a tank that he can stretch out 2/3rds of his body straight.

use paper for substrate and i would only put an adult in this size tank so i would use a basking bulb on one side of the tank with a protective mesh barrier around the globe

I haven't actually got a snake to put in it yet, but the one I'm looking at is 40cm long. I just wanted to see what people are using and what works the best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back