Stimson Python being funny with food again?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyeisdrowning

Reaction score
So my Stimson python (aged almost 3 years now) is starting to come out of his brumination and of course refused to eat most of that time, however he has still been refusing to eat lately and I don’t know if that’s because the bru is just lingering on the poor boy or he’s being fussy again (for context he stopped eating fuzzies for 4 months and immediately ate a hopper mice). I’m wondering if I should just wait it out a bit longer or start thinking about upping his food to something like pinkie rats?

Attachments

• IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2718.jpeg
    IMG_2718.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0
I wouldn't be at all worried about a three year old male not feeding in September, but I would be feeding a three year old Stimson's something larger than pink rats or hopper mice. Obviously you can't feed them something they're not large enough to eat, but at three years I'm usually feeding males something like 60g rats (more than double the size of a large adult mouse).

He looks healthy and well-proportioned, certainly nothing to worry about, but definitely increase the size of the feeds.

Back