Stone country childrens (baby nawarran)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I've been finding a few of these lately. I'm not a huge fan of pythons but how good do they look!?!

I'm still waiting on my new camera to arrive from ebay land, so we'll just have to put up with the dodgy 2mp camera phone pics under the light of my torch. I'm suprised the pictures turned out as good as they did.

This fella was from last night.

Photo060.jpg

Photo059.jpg

Photo058.jpg

and one from thursday night.
Photo056.jpg

Photo057.jpg

Photo055.jpg

Wow, great sheen off the scales there. Do they look much different during the day?

Is that the oenpelli that wasn't ;)
So, the "ghostly" blue/grey colour at night, do you reckon it's similar to the colour change/fade that oenpelliensis & carinata do at night time (disregarding them both being morelia & the subject above is an ant)?

Is that the oenpelli that wasn't ;)
So, the "ghostly" blue/grey colour at night, do you reckon it's similar to the colour change/fade that oenpelliensis & carinata do at night time (disregarding them both being morelia & the subject above is an ant)?
Yes that's the mongrel thing from december last year!

The colour change, as far as i can tell, is exactly the same as those two. It's not that uncommon in childrens, the Katherine childrens are known to change colour depending on light. I'm sure other localities do too.

Cool, interesting too, hadn't heard of ants doing the night time fade before.
Looking forward to some sharper pics when you get your camera.

Interesting stuff Gordo. I believe that many snakes can change their shading between night & day, I reckon even carpets can do it to some degree.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back