storage length of thawed mouse?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMorelia

Reaction score
Gday everyone just trying to find a random bit of info,
my local food dealer(snake food) is about an hr drive away and today we get home to find the car lighter fridge we use to transport frozen food home had pooped its self, royaly, lol anyway they just thawed, 1 pack of mice my question is this, how long can u keep them just refrigerated for?
i kno u cant refreeze them, will i only get 1 feed out of them or can i stretch it to 2? b4 they need to be tossed?

If they are still cold they should be fine to refreeze.

meh its in the regular fridge now, so its at 2c its a 10 pack minus 1 :) from what i read about refreezing i dont think i will so how long do they last in the fridge? 2weeks? more?

They won't last more than 2 days in the fridge - animals with the guts in rot very quickly. If they were very cold (but thawed) when you got home, you can re freeze with no problems. Not recommended for food to be consumed by humans, but fine for most animals including snakes. The digestion of snakes is slow anyway, so most of their meals decay in their gut as they are digesting it, and the stomach acids take control of any bacteria.

It's not a problem to re-freeze fresh but thawed food for snakes.

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back