storri eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,Pikes storri laid another 6 eggs last night and looks skinny,the first clutch was sept 5 at night.In the hot end of the enclosure theres about six inches of brickies sand which is sprayed with water so the bottom is a little moist and on top is a sheet of slate with a spot light heating that.I thought i would have trouble finding eggs but she lays them under the slate hot area about 6 inches down in sand so that they are actually on the bottom of the wood floor.There such nice little monitors the storrs if a few hatch ile be happy,the first 4 eggs look good but they take about 90 to 120 days to hatch so ile be waiting a while. cheers colin. :D

Great news colin,yeah they take a while to hatch , then when their heads pop out you wonder how the rest of the body has fitted in there.

re storri

Ide be happy to see that pike! :p Is it at all possible to sex them from looks mike,i need to keep a couple of females if possible,ive already got the spare sub adult male,what do you do?Keep them until you see the difference in sexs? :)

Yeah you may have to hang on to em for a while til you can tell,you usually get more females than males, or i do anyway.At the moment i have 1 male and 6 females, thats what happens when you breed more f than m and every1 wants pairs.

At what age can they be X-rayed to determine sex ?? I take it this is the best way to do it ?? Curious as to what my little one is. He is about 9 months old.

Cheers
Splitty

re storri

I think they layed already nathan,you should be able to tell the sex at 9 months splitty,my little one would evert his hemipenes at that age and he had that male look like the adult father,agro lookn boof head :p more prominent markings,more streamlined body IMO.for what its worth :lol:

Splitty, I only ever x-rayed one clutch, at about 9 mths.Either you cant tell or the whole clutch was female.I will try and take a pic of the xray

re storri

Sorry pike i made you a dad to soon mate. :)

Good on ya Zulu;
Storr's are truly beautiful little monitors.....
I keep used to breed mine indoors; but now keep them outside.
They seem to be thriving...These days you go to feed; and
see the juv's basking on the rocks.....With a-bit of practice, you
can pick the sex's from quite an early age.....take note of the size of the;
small spurs near where the tail joins the body. The males, tend to be alot
larger....sticking out if viewed from above; compared to the females;
who's spur's are smaller and fewer....and tend to be nowhere near as visible
from from above. It's quite easy if your got a few juv's to compare....so
good luck mate....

re storri

Thanks indicus and jason hopefully some will hatch,how are the spotted tree monitor eggs going?hatched yet,when were they laid tremane,cant imagine how good those would look as hatchlings mate. Cheers colin.

Hi Colin; can you believe they still havent hatched?
They still look good; nice, white and round?....These eggs were left where the
female layed them; as an experiment :roll: to see howed they go?
It's been 280 + days????....I guess now the weathers warming up....maybe?
Makes you wonder what really goes on in the wild?....
Other then that, fingers crossed; their been mating full on.... :wink:

re storri

:D Very interesting indicus thanks,yeh sounds like good things to come mate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back