Strange N.Levis Levis Behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I have put my female in another enclosure in the hope of a better introduction, better mating chances. She has been in their a day and when I put the Male in for a quick look around, the Female was attacking him (biting on the tail, head etc)

This is strange as its usually the Male biting the Female..................

Any suggestions/ Thoughts?

Shawn

No, the Female is definitely the Female and the Male is Definitely the male. The male is pictured in my avatar.

I dont Know whats going on.
Anything else?

Never ever had that happen. Can you post pics of the one doing the biting? I'd seperate them immediately as if the one doing the biting is female, it is incredibly unusual behaviour and there must be a reason for it.

:0)

I can try and get pics but my Camera's Disc got lost in our move and that disc is needed for the Computer to recognize the Camera as an electrical appliance.

They are separated. I separated them in the Hope of when re introduced, they would Mate. She is definitely a Female! I purchased her from URS in the Last Levis Stock they had in and that was well over 6months ago. She has no enlarged Hemipenal Lumps and No Spur Clusters. My Male is A BIG boy- if you know what I mean.

I just put him in there, in her new enclosure and when I placed the Male in, she immediately attacked.

What could be going on? I will test them again today. They seemed fine in the original enclosure together. They never fought, the only bit of attacking would have been during the time when he tried to Mate her.

Help?
Shawn

No idea Shawn, none of my females have ever attacked the males. If you can get pics that would help.

I will get pics and will just have to go to Big W etc and get the pics put on another disc.

She is only attacking him whilst in her temporary enclosure, never in their original one. Saz, this is beside the point but how long should I wait until I reintroduce my Male Milii to my Female? Just wait until her strength is up and she gains more weight and Tail thickness?

Thanks as always
Shawn

Yes, wait until she has fattened up a bit. Make sure she gets plenty of calcium too. Mine self fertilise even if the male isn't present provided they are in good condition, so if she is still empty I'd take it as a sign she needs a short break to recoup.

Cool, thanks- Know how you said the eggs would be almost Jelly Like.......? They arent. They are white, firm yet soft, appear healthy and appear viable.

Thanks

That's great news! Hopefully in 8 weeks you'll have some beautiful babies! I incubate everything unless I am absolutely positive the eggs are not viable.

hay rocket, do you have any baby geckos for sale ??????
And where abouts do you live ?

In SA. May have Milii and Castelnaui available and Levis Levis when they lay.

I placed them together again AND nothing............................They didnt fight or anything. You could tell that the Male only had one thing on his mind though. ;-)

Shawn

They usually won't mate during the day, when I place a male with a female I do it just after dark, and make sure it's dark. I check on them using a red light, although once they are actually mating very little will stop them LOL! If a female is receptive they mate straight away using this method I have found.

Ok, I will re introduce in her enclosure tonight.

Thanks for everything and I do hope my Milii eggs hatch.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back