studio shot attempt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scorps

Hey every one,

For those that read my levis thread yesterday you would have noticed how poor the pictures where well i got one of my levis out today and attempted a nice photo, I will be setting up better lighting and get some better pictures at a later stage.

Cheers Scorps

N.levis levis 3 month old juvie
2jbup8l.jpg

try get lights at every angle..

i use several fluro battens and three or four clamp lamps. i found natural light and those from the ceiling werent working well.

this was my first attempt. i used HUGE white tiles..
DSCF01739.jpg

the extra clamp lamps give a warm red glow.

its a bit of trial and error...

too many battens or natural light and you will find you will get a green tinge.... fiddle around with different lights, even the blue glow of the uv tubes do some interesting stuff..

there both very good photo's, as for me i like to use natural light for my photo's an useing a UV filter helps heaps in the natural light.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 50
thanks heaps everyone, i will be attempting to make a better set up soon i am also limited to my camera which is just a crap pentax

Scorps, the camera seems quite capable but you need to get sharp focus on the eye when you photograph living things.
Most cameras support a half press the shutter button to lock focus on the point of interest, then keep it half depressed, recompose and shoot. Your lighting is underexposed but otherwise quite good.

thanks heaps for the advice every one

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back