Studying

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkRose

Reaction score
its fast approaching that time of year when all us youngens sit for our HSC. In 2 days time i start my HSC Trials which are significantly important.
Ive surprised myself and have been studying for over a week now, and as I sit here trying to study, but instead creating this post I wonder, How do you guys study? What works best for you. I figure i might as well post my techniques as well to possibly help other people.

• The board of studies website is my bible (saying alot coming from an athiest). Save a copy of the syllabus of each of your subjects and learn them, or at the very least read them over. It is a list of everything you will need to know for the HSC. Secondly print off the past papers.
  • Print off about 4 years worth of past papers and staple them together as a booklet. Attempt to answer the questions but if there is anything you dont know or are unsure about then write it on a post it note and stick it in the corner until you finished the test. Then in the page margins write definitions or notes on what you wrote on the post it note and highlight it so it stands out. Then tick it off on the post it note when you have what you need. Once you have finished that the past papers booklet becomes your study guide. you have established what you didnt know and then learnt it. Be sure to print off the answers and check your work.
  • Learn the key words like 'explain', 'describe' etc. On the past papers circle those words and write the definition to learn it
  • and finally if you are using the computer to study (typing notes etc) then unplug the internet to avoid distraction. Unless you need it that is.
let me know if you think these methods can be improved, and also what techniques work for you?

Note: im refering to NSW board of studies, if your not in NSW then im not sure if you have the same syllabuses etc.

when i did the hsc i just prepared my notes to the syllabus dot points and made the notes brief and to the point using less paper possible. i would then study the notes and if i didnt know something in detail i would then look up that aspect and make sure i knew it.

also with essay writing subject such as english. i found it very helpful to prepare essays and creative writing ideas before the exam.

i also used past papers for maths, art, bio

I just wing it, works a treat everytime, I have a good memory.

wow, it looks like you've got everything covered!
compared to me lol... i used to surf the web until midnight, go 'oh crap, exam'... look over my notes for half an hour then go to sleep lol.
no wonder people kept telling me i 'wasnt working to my full potential' :p

Sydney HSC trials started last week...?

I'd have to agree with Hayden and Chris though.

In some schools yes. Ours start tommorrow but my first ones are thursday. I wouldnt be studying so hard if they were spread out but i have 4 exams over 2 days so i dont get acouple of days between them to study so Im putting in a huge effort and working on them all at once

When I did my HSC I just crammed before each exam and actually didnt surprising very well :)

study hard kiddies... if you follow my example and don't study you may end up like me... a teacher!

As someone avoiding a huge pile of HSC Trial marking, I'll tell you to read questions carefully and don't put a lot of rubbish! Mind-mapping is good for many people. Make sure you have specific examples - they are big on named examples. Remember to evenly scale the axes on your graphs! (This is a real frustration for me as I mark these.) I could go on and on, but should really confront that huge pile....:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back