Sugar Glider

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamio

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new at this forum but maybe there is a Sugar Glider keepers?

I have other snakes and reptiles (dumeril boa, boa constrictor, leopard geckos, tarantulas and etc.)

Howdy

I've kept their slightly larger and fluffier relative, the squirrel glider.

What were you wanting to know?

Do you have any problems to keeping warm-blooded animals ant reptiles like snakes in the same house?

Depends on the animal and the vicinity I believe, both for behavioural and safety concerns.

For example, when I had my cockatoo in the same room as snakes, he would flip out and go into defensive mode, he clearly noticed them (even hatchies) and saw them as a threat.

On the other hand, I had the gliders in the same room as some elapids as it was my locked room.
The snakes were in locked, well sealed enclosures.
The gliders didn't seem to notice them, but I think this would vary a lot based on individuals.

The biggest concern would be if your snakes escaped and could access the gliders in the same room, as accidents do happen.

I wouldn't have concerns about them being in the same house, but the same room definitely carries more risk

I've seen sugar gliders kept in the same room as about 40-50 snakes with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you keep them? because I want to start to keep suger glider in the nearest time and I'm looking for information on this site. Thanx in advance

in trios is best, large aviaries is also best. why do you aslk here though? online on other sites there's whole forums commited to them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back