Suggestions please - new tank setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joanna_maryanna

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well, in preparation for a big shopping day out at the Vic Expo in February, I found a couple of bargains on Ebay. I bought 3 glass tanks and need some suggestions on the best way to get these ready for my new friends.

I am planning on buying snake hatchy's, but not sure exactly what for now. I'll see what is around and if I can get any bargains on the day.

These 3 tanks are all the same. Fully made from glass, except half of the top which is a flywire type of mesh. The flywire section is removable so I can insert wires etc, and then clips back into place so there can be no escapes. Each tank measures 60cm(w) x 30cm(h) x 30cm(d). And I am thinking that I might be a little tricky and somehow divide down the centre so all up I'll now have 6 30 x 30 x 30 enclosures.

I also have 2 fish tank type lights that came in the sale as well. They are 60cm across and maybe 1/2 the depth of the tank. These each have 2 narrow fluro type tubes in them.

I don't really want to spend too much on getting these enclosures ready, so i have more to spend on critters :)

I am looking for suggestions in regard in cheap but effective ways of heating, maybe without having a thermostat for each section, or maybe not needing one at all.

And looking for tips on anything else I need to think of.

Here is a pic of one of the tanks.

Thanks

Attachments

• glass tank.jpg
    glass tank.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 83
as long as each one has a thermometer, you should be fine using dimmer switches, but then everythings gonna need its own switch and thermo. what are you planning on getting?

If you divide each in half then u could run a heat cord uunder the middle section where the divider is so that one heat cord heats a little of both areas. That way you could also run one thermostat(you would be taking a huge risk not to use one) for two tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back