Suitable containers for a large roach colony?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
the 2 colony's i have going are not enought so i want to start another 1 or 2 but want something alot bigger then what i have. Any idea of what to use?

We recently picked up a few 125L plastic storage tubs from a cheap shop for about $18 each.

was hoping for something bigger but will check them out next time im in town

i'm using 95l tubs at the moment and wanted something twice that size if possible

I think you can get big 200L tubs from Bunnings. Might make cleaning a bit of a chore though.

I think you can get big 200L tubs from Bunnings. Might make cleaning a bit of a chore though.

cleaning? lol i do that one every 6months to a year so that doesnt bother me and only takes about 5-10mins per tub

depending on space, why not use an old bath? not sure how big they are, but they would be easy to clean! you would have to build a cover tho

i was thinking using a bath tub but i want something a little lighter and easyer to move

We used large plastic tubs - excellent! Make sure you have fluon around the top though to stop escapees. These are the ones we had listed for sale yesterday - found them to be a great design - we "inherited" them from a very clever insect breeder.

Attachments

• Woodies 004.jpg
    Woodies 004.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 78
  • Misc 002.jpg
    Misc 002.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 98
Forgot to mention that we used egg cartons for them to hide in - you can see them through the plastic in the first photo - cut in half and sitting straight up and down - second photo we were using to see how many were in there...

just a note - if you use a lot of egg cartons, but don't buy eggs, check out your friendly local egg farm, or packing factory, they always have heaps they are throwing out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back