Sunshine Virus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the info provided, to play devil's advocate. If you take your reptile to a vet for a vaccination/check up, quarantine period of 18 to 24 months will need to be started again due to fresh exposure at the vets.
What about a reptile expo? I guess if you took your own enclosures and kept them inside this risk would be greatly reduced and I would hate to see people stop taking their reptiles.

What about a reptile expo? I guess if you took your own enclosures and kept them inside this risk would be greatly reduced and I would hate to see people stop taking their reptiles.
Not sure if its an airborne pathogen, I am no expert on this so I can't really comment. One would have to assume that depending on the persistence of this virus and methods of transmission that even with thorough quarantine procedures, short of a sterile room where you are sprayed upon entry, may still pass on the virus.
I'm paranoid enough as it is so I have to stop reading this thread:lol:

A mate of mine who is petrified of snakes fb'd me that article swearing that my collection was doomed...
I explained to him the meaning of quarantine and had a coke and a smile...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back