Suprise!! Gravid Beardie!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1dragonett

Reaction score
HELP REQUIRED!!!!

Just discovered today that my ALL MALE cage of bearded dragons is not what it was SUPPOSED to be!!! :oops:

1 of the three has been keeping a naughty little secret from mummy!!
And now, I need some advice on how to prepare something for "HER' to lay her eggs in. I have searched, but couldn't find much on exactly what to supply. I'm not keeping the eggs, they're going straight back to the fellas that I got "Fatboy" from........... guess that's Fatgirl now, but how do I make her comfortable? One of the posts read about damp sand, and basking lights, etc.

How damp, what sort of sand, how do you tell how soon - especially as I have no idea When they did the naughty, etc.

Also, I have just reorganised all enclosures about 2-3 months ago, and got rid of all spare enclosures, so I'm limited with spare cages. (doh!!)

Also, how do I keep her from breeding in the future? I know about changing uv, heat etc, is that all? I don't want to split them up, as they all get aggressive (now I know why).

Thanks heaps for any help!!!!!

An icecream container with one side cutaway a bit for easy access, full of slightly moist sand, (so you can make a hole in it) will do the job. To keep her from breeding in the future, put her in her own cage!
Note: she may well drop a few more clutches even if you separate her now, since they can and do retain sperm.

Pump the food into her too, adding calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back