survey questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Origamislice

Reaction score
Hi, first allow me to begin by introducing myself. My name is Jacob and I am a 17 year old year 12 student. I have had a keen interest in reptiles - in particular snakes - from a young age.

As part of the new SACE (South Australian Certificate of Education) program all year 12 students are required to successfully complete and pass a new subject called the Research Project. The research project is a semester long project that involves the student choosing a topic of their choice (usually a hobby or interest) and researching it in depth. This program is designed to allow students to learn how to use a variety of research methods and resources effectively and also how to search through the gathered material for the most relevant information.

For my research project this year I have decided to research how to breed pythons in a home environment. Over this semester I have been researching a number of methods for breeding pythons that will give the best result (high number of eggs, high fertility rate) when breeding pet pythons. Because of the large variety of research resources that is required for a successful grade as well as me already being a member of this website I decided that it was a good idea to put an online survey on this website.

I have arranged a list of questions that I have decided would prove useful in my research project and I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer any of the questions listed below with the best answers that you can think of. The product of my final research will be kept confidential and will not be released to the general public. However there will be some people who will view your answers such as my teacher, the SACE moderators and my-self, there is also a possibility that my school may use my research product as an example for next year’s year 12 students. The people who do view my research will be able to witness your APS username but nothing else, however if you do not wish to have your username shown please either say so in your post or PM me, also if you wish me to add any extra information either say so in your post or PM me.

Thank you for reading my long post and thankyou in advance for any information that you are willing to share!

Disclaimer: the reason for the long post is I am required to tell you how any information that you share with me will be used and who will view it.
Also please do not think that I am asking you to do my entire project for me, as already stated to do well I am required to use as many research methods as possible not just websites. I have already used several research resources but it is important for me to use as many resources as possible and other than several websites and a couple of books it can be difficult to gain a lot of resources in this particular field of study.

Legal and ethical

1. What licence/licences are legally required to breed pythons?
  2. How are these licences obtained? Is a test required?
  3. Does any data need to be recorded? What sort of data?

Nutritional requirements

1. What should the pythons be fed?
  2. How big should the food item be? (E.g. a % of the snake mass perhaps?)
  3. What temperature should the cage be kept at?
  4. Should the feeding rate change over the year? How so?

Costs (if for more than one pair please either say the amount of animals or work out the average cost)

1. What are the costs of meals? (note: please say whether the animal is small, medium or large)
  2. What is the approximant cost of housing? Initial cost of cage? Cost of substrate approx.? Cost of heating approx.? (Again please note whether or not the snake is a small, medium or large animal?
  3. What is the cost of any licences required to keep and breed pythons.
  4. Does the return cost from selling the hatchling snakes cover the years breeding season? Is money actually gained?

Special requirements that breeding animals may need

1. Is there any special housing requirements that breeding animals may need that non-breeder may not?
  2. Does the environment in the python enclosure need to change at all over the year? E.g. temperatures, humidity or the amount of food available. To what scale do these factors change?
  3. Should the pythons be housed separately or together before breeding season? If they are housed separately should the male be introduced to the female or vice versa?
  4. What time of the year will they breed?
  5. How should the python eggs be incubated? (Artificially or maternally?)

Hi ya

set it up on survey monkey and post a link and we will answer them for you

its too hard to cut and paste it all and answer them

thanks! i didn't even know about surveymonkey. i created a survey however wasn't able to place all the questions in it but that doesn't matter. here is the link

New Survey

Also the newbie threads and wiki on this site may also answer some of your questions I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back