Sye's pics of his family

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syeph8

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday Gday, how are we all? Just thought I'd post a few pics of my collection, seeing as I have had a few arrivals recently. I only have a small collection and hope not to grow it too large until I find my own place. At which point my collection will just explode. So here they are.

Last Sunday I picked up a pair of water pythons from Mike from Black Snake Productions. From what I've seen on the night I brought them home and today when I took them out for a hold, the female can handle but is a bit temperamental and the male.. well lets just say I have a bit of work to do with him. Both have already eaten twice and took within 3 seconds of the rat being in their enclosures. The first pic is of the male and second is of the female. Both are grumpy in their pics. Neither have names yet.. Keith has been considered and dismissed.

View attachment 153525female water.jpg

This is Nipper, which is short for something a little innapropriate for this site. Central Beardie (At least thats what I believe) that was given to me by a bloke who made me an enclosure whose pair had pumped out 140 eggs in one year! he is about 7 weeks old at the moment.
I am not keeping him on sand, I am keeping him on blended kitty litter pellets (recycled cardboard) and it seems to be doing the trick quite well. Only took him because he was meant to be a Christmas present to someone but that person doesnt want him anymore. So will be selling him at Christmas time in view of buying a couple of angle headeds.

View attachment 153526

This is my problem girl, Roxy. Anything that can go wrong with a snake, has and will go wrong with Roxy. I have not had a problem with any other animal, but Roxy seems to constantly remind me just how careful you have to be with snakes. she is a gorgeous Common Tree snake and is feeding slowly but well on fish. She has to be the best handling CTS I have ever had the privalege of handling and eats whilst being held obviously.

View attachment 153527

This is trouser, hes my well behaved CTS and is also feeding well on fish, he ate whilst being handled for the first time yesterday and has been starting to get a bit more used to being handled. He is very flighty usually and VERY fast, this coupled with his size means that although I would like to get him out often to get him used to handling.. I dont really handle him unless I have to at the moment due to the risk of hurting him or losing him.

trouser.jpg

Attachments

• camera 026.jpg
    camera 026.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 147
  • angry male water.jpg
    angry male water.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
These are my two jungles, 1st pic is Monty (yes Monty) being held by my little cousin and second two are of Saria
Montyanddopey.jpgsaria1.jpgsaria.jpg

This is number 3 on the way, thinking I will call her Sheena (queen of the jungle if you're into old comics) This photo was taken by Tojo on this site.
Sheena.jpg

Attachments

• monty on sleeve.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 26
Nice :)
Water Pythons are great.
Very inqusitive compared to morelia; I find.
Good to see your GTS eating from your hand as well.

Nice animals Sye, as I've told you water pythons are great! If you can get one that is placid there is no better pet snake as far as I'm concerned.

Nice animals Sye, as I've told you water pythons are great! If you can get one that is placid there is no better pet snake as far as I'm concerned.

haha well thats the trick now isnt it? we'll see how their temperament is around November/December and see whether frequent handling helps the infamous water pythons

Nice :)
Water Pythons are great.
Very inqusitive compared to morelia; I find.
Good to see your GTS eating from your hand as well.

the snakes with faster metabolisms do make much more interesting display animals, thats for sure

and thankyou fellas

your jungles look awesome btw.

I want one every time i see them.
Sticking to my guns and staying with colubrids and monitors though.
Your water has a sick yellow tinge to it (and i dont mean you urine)

Very nice mate, always loved water pythons, and im very keen to get a CTS for my next snake.

hi Sye

Sheena is sensational I bet you can hardly wait to see her. I looove Jungles its all I look at at the moment.....havent been inspired by water pythons....but the Jungles...out of this world...especially Sheena well done !!!!!!!
Elizabeth

Nice Snakes , i am getting my first Jungle in the next week praying that my one will have a good temper and seeing yours they not only look great you can handle them :D

thinking I will call her Sheena (queen of the jungle if you're into old comics)

Im getting a male and Calling him Tarzan.....

Thanks everyone, Picking Sheena up on Thursday the 22nd July most likely and very much looking forward to it!

metalbeard, awesome name for a jungle! and jungles can be handled just the same as any other snake. but can need a little more persistence at the beginning to give them a kick start. fantastic snakes! so are water pythons which are also commonly known to have a bad temperament. im trying to get them used to handling now aswell so i can show people not to listen to these steriotypes. But then again, having no luck with the waters :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back