Tafe animal corses

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

has anyone here done any courses at tafe on animals or related subjects?

at my old work i interviewed someone for a job that told me he had experience at the zoo and he had done a certificate in something at tafe with animals

this was quite a while ago now so i dont no exactally what his job was there or what course it was but i am now considering going to tafe to do some courses

what jobs can u get doing the courses at the tafe? i know that its nothing big im not looking for a life long job at a zoo or a wildlife park, i have already got my career set, its more that i am just interested in learning a bit more about animals while i have some time

Hi everyone

has anyone here done any courses at tafe on animals or related subjects?

at my old work i interviewed someone for a job that told me he had experience at the zoo and he had done a certificate in something at tafe with animals

this was quite a while ago now so i dont no exactally what his job was there or what course it was but i am now considering going to tafe to do some courses

what jobs can u get doing the courses at the tafe? i know that its nothing big im not looking for a life long job at a zoo or a wildlife park, i have already got my career set, its more that i am just interested in learning a bit more about animals while i have some time

had a look into this and there is a few courses that will qualify you as a wildlife worker

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servlet/Course?pInternetFlag=Y&Command=GetCourse&CourseNo=1045

this is nsw but they would be similar

If you become a member of the Zoo, then you can volunteer there to gain some experience and learn some new things i imagine!

There is a few things you can do at tafe, like animal studdies, and vet nursing....

thanks emzie ill check it out

matt i saw something about that in the paper the other day i wouldnt mind volenteering at the zoo get to see all the animals for free each time u go in there lol!
i dont no what sort of stuff it would be but it would still be interesting

I did a course through corespondence. It was an course in Animal Care. Did it over 12 months at home, and just send in assignments etc, and did work experience at the end at my Vet Hospital. It was pretty good. Company was Cengage Education.

oh i hate cengage i just canceled one of my courses with them lol there animal courses might be different but some of them arnt worth it
i guess u liked it tho?

i would probably preffer to do it at a tafe since my work is from home i would rather get out for my study lol

I did a course through corespondence. It was an course in Animal Care. Did it over 12 months at home, and just send in assignments etc, and did work experience at the end at my Vet Hospital. It was pretty good. Company was Cengage Education.
Hey thanks for that ive been look for a correspondence course since I cant really leave work at the moment

Yeah well I am working full time and it was perfect for me. I actually signed up under the original company. Cengage bought them out half way through my course, so not sure if they've changed the course since then.

yea i started with thompson a few wks later it turned into cengage i dont no whats changed but i wasnt happy lol
i was told some different courses are good tho who knows i might try one of the animal ones with them and see what its like

Yeah well I am working full time and it was perfect for me. I actually signed up under the original company. Cengage bought them out half way through my course, so not sure if they've changed the course since then.
were you able to get a job after your course?

Yeah, I'm doing the same course... I'm up to anatomy atm...
It's an awesome course & I highly recomend it!!

I have been talking to a work links lady and she's given me a couple of courses to look at as well, but also look into a traineeship.... maybe you could do something like that..?

Just keep looking around, I'm sure you'll find something :)

I am currently doing animal studies cert 2 in tafe. Finish July next yr cant wait!

I am currently doing animal studies cert 2 in tafe. Finish July next yr cant wait!

whats it like and what sort of things are u studying in the course? what are u wanting to do once u finish?
good luck sounds like ur enjoying it :)

I am doing Animal Companionship, wouldn't recommend it.. But if you find a place to volunteer look into doing this zookeeper/captive animal course: http://www.bhtafe.edu.au/Courses/CAZ31.htm

It is available off campus and long distance learning. I am thinking of doing it through Armadale Rep Centre.

Next I am looking at doing Conservation and Land Management... They focus on wildlife to some extent... Your state might have something silimar if you can't find a wildlife specific one to your liking.

Im starting Cert 2 in Animal care next yr.
and i volunteer at my local zoo.
volunteering is something i'd recommend to anyone.
it amazingg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back