Tamworth Herpetology / Reptile Group

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeren

Reaction score
Hi Guys, A couple of us Tamworth members have started a facebook page to make it a easy to get to know our local Reptile enthusiasts. feel free to join up if your in Tamworth and surrounding areas or just interested in finding out what is happening in Tamworth. Just search facebook for our group called Tamworth Herpetology / Reptile Group

We are also looking at trying to restart a Tamworth Herpetology Group (Tamworth Herp group closed a few years ago) if we can get enough interest.

Hi,
firstly thanks to Aeren for suggesting this group to me.
i have kept reptiles and amphibians since I was around 11 I think, that makes 50 years. I first started with the Australian Herpetological Society in the days when they met in the YMCA building in Bathurst St, Sydney.....horrible place but wide eyed youth made it all interesting.
i grew up in Sydney and got to know a lot of the old timers and some of the current old timers, some of whom you likely know or heard of. I don't do name drops.
spent 20 years at Gwabegar before returning to the coast, Taree.
currently only have a couple of Stimsons, but am adding another pair plus a pair of Macs.
i live in a unit so space is my primary consideration.
favourite species kept over the years. Paleheads, blue bellieds, V. Acanthurus, Litoria aurea, Pseudophryne corroboree, but now finding Antaresia very satisfying.
i will drop a single name of a man I still regard as a friend, the late George Cann, a true friend, not discounting his brother John and their associated families.
regards to all.
Glenn Laycock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back