Taronga Zoo Reptile Pics (Dial up warning)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSGECKO

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I went to Taronga Zoo yesterday and was lucky enough to be invited behind the scenes of the reptile house and was even luckier to be allowed to get in some of the enclosures (Vens excluded) and handle some of the animals. I think the highlight was getting in the enclosure with the Tuataras ( The only 3 in Australia - all girls) Unfortunatly i couldn`t get the camera to focus through all the plants properly but i will still put up some of the pics i have of them. Some Photos are decent quality but some are crap! So here are some of the 451 photos i took on the day, Enjoy :)

Australias most commonly kept reptile :D- Veiled Chamelion
P3070201.jpg

Komodo Dragon - 25yr old male
P3070180.jpg

This thing was weird! Scheltopusik/ Glass lizard
P3070284.jpg

Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake
P3070199.jpg

Egyptian Cobra
P3070192.jpg

Fijian Crested Iguana
P3070187.jpg

Tuataras, It was quite cool in their enclosure, It felt like i was laying inside a fridge!
P3070278.jpg

P3070276.jpg

The male Eyelash Viper, he was off display because he likes the two females that they have on display a little too much ;):lol:
P3070193.jpg

The yellow female Eyelash Viper
P3070388.jpg

The green and pink female Eylash Viper
P3070385.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
love the pics the chamelion is a classic google eye'd look :) ...and that komodo with his puppy dog features ..lucky you

If yous like the Chameleon, I have some other pics you might like! Here they are.:D

Jacksons Chameleon
P3070205.jpg

P3070207.jpg

Baby Star Tortoise
P3070208.jpg

Fijian Banded Iguana - One of the most spectacular animals i`ve ever seen!!
P3070221.jpg

P3070229.jpg

Green Iguana- Big male
P3070232.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you get to hold them and see the ones that aren't on display?

Will

Nice photos mate would have been a great day out!

some extraudinary animals there and to hold them would be the ultimate, most were happy to be photographed they looke fantastic, i like the star tortoise he seems very tired for a little fella

Some beautiful animals there. You have the names of the first and last iguanas around the wrong way though.

They sure are weird. Back when i did volunteer work at Taronga, i had to feed and clean the Sheltopusiks. They have very hard bodies with tough scales.
Yeah, they were very solid animals. They definatly didn`t feel as fragile or flighty as any Aussie legless lizrds. :)

Some beautiful animals there. You have the names of the first and last iguanas around the wrong way though.
I do? Thanks mate, too many names to remember. I have heaps more pictures but i want to try and remember their names before i put them up :)

New Caledonian Giant Gecko
P3070212.jpg

P3070213.jpg

Green Crested Basilisk
P3070230.jpg

Phillipine Sail-finned Lizard- This one was strange, I noticed when i loaded the images up that he had some weird colours when i used the flash.
Without flash
P3070260.jpg

With flash
P3070261.jpg

Here are some Gilla Monsters in an outdoor enclosure out the back, They are in a hide box. We weren`t allowed to get them out because they are venomous :(
P3070215.jpg

Varanus brevicauda
P3070254.jpg

nice pics. Btw you got the fijian crested iguana and the green iguana mixed up.

Green Anaconda (Sloughing)
P3070216.jpg

Green and Golden Bell Frog
P3070252.jpg

Im not a big turtle fan but this one was cute, I think it is a murray short neck but please correct me if im wrong
P3070424.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back