Taronga Zoo visit - DUW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hetty

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some of you may I guessed I went to the zoo yesterday :lol:

My photography skills aren't very good, but the animals are nice enough to make up for it.

The first animal I saw was a beautiful Gila Monster. She kept poking her lovely forked tongue out but was too fast for me.
gila.jpg

A little later I saw one of her babies, very cute!-
babygila.jpg

babygila2.jpg

This Fijian Banded Iguana was one of my favourites. If you look through their ear you can see out the other side! (another one of the reptiles I 'picked up' yesterday :lol:)
iguana2.jpg

There were lots of Veiled Chameleons-
veiledcham.jpg

cham2.jpg

cham3.jpg

These Giant Geckoes are really cool. They bite! On the sides of each enclosure there's a list of all the people they've bitten, one even had blood on it... this gecko may look friendly but he's not :lol:
giantgecko.jpg

Speaking of friendly animals, we passed this rather ominous looking sign-
zoo086.jpg

..and upon opening were greeted with two large Rhinoceros iguanas, who, surely enough tried to lunge at us with gaping mouths (but look docile enough in this picture)-
iguanas.jpg

We also saw two 'small' Green Anacondas, lying in their water tubs-
greenanaconda.jpg

And last, but not least, the lovely Komodo Dragon, Tuka-
tuka.jpg

:)

Oh, and to those who PM'd me about getting Tortoises, you can't (legally) keep exotics in Australia :lol:

cool, im thinkin about volountering their...........................................when i get older

These look like behind the scenes shots??

Were heading there in a little under a month,

Are they Behind the Scenes shots? if so what do I need to do to get behind them ;-)

The Gila Monster was awesome, they have really cool skin :)

Yes, they are behind the scenes shots, I have a friend who works there.

I also wanna know if they are behind the scenes... I've been there twice over last year and going back soon and would love to know how you got so close... my husband gets huge discounts on entry so we take kids often, because we get discounts we always do encounters first time was the seals (a bit upset that we didn't get to touch or feed or anything but also understood why we couldn't) then last time was the Giraffes and that was awesome!!! Got to feed them carrots and my son (4years) loved it so much but he would really really love the reptile side of it too...

Yes, we were allowed. The Gila Monster felt awesome, and the Chameleons were pretty cool, amazing how bony they are. Got to hold a boa, tortoises, frill neck and the Fijian Banded Iguana :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back