"Tasting" Beardy...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

juggalette

Dudes!! My beardy, who is still only a bubby about 20cm long max, started a new behaviour I have never seen him do before in the last couple of weeks.
Whenever I have him out, (which is alot of the time I am home) he roams about the house "tasting" everything!! He just pokes his tongue out & "dabs" something (tabletop, carpet, bedspread, curtains...me) then wonders off to something else and does it again.
Is this him sussin out things, is he hungry, or is he just a little werido?:rolleyes:

Thanks

mine do it all the time,if I get them out they have taste of me and everything else.They do it when they go back into their enclosures too. Just be careful that it doesn't actually get a hold of something its not allowed to have, don't want it getting compacted.

Excellent to hear its normal! Coz I do think it is totally cute, although anything he does is adorable to me...lol. Thanks guys!

first tiem i seen it i was in histerics for 20 mins with every lick anohter 20 min laughing session insued have to admit i was pretty smashed at the time

I got a beardie on the weekend and have noticed him doing that. I wondered what the hell he was doing but just assumed he was testing to see whatt he could and couldn't eat.

Be careful, they are definately not the brightest creatures & will eat anything including cotton, dust bunnies & rocks:lol:

hehe, hes a weirdo, theyre ALL weirdos!!

nothing funnier than seeing them miss a couple of times and keep trying,..!!

I took mine over to a friends place to have him double check the sex of my two beardies. They were both sitting on the dining table with us quietly, when one decided to walk over to a bowel of cadbury favorites. She decided that the boost bar looked tasty. She licked it then decided to try it. She picked up the corner of the packet before my friend took it off her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back