Temperament

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyDanny80

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if you can keep 2 or 3 pogona henrylawsoni in the same enclosure from juvenile through to adulthood? Tank is 90cm long by 50cm wide by 50cm high.

I know that for the most part pogona vitticeps generally prefer to be on their own & was wondering if this was the same for the Henrylawsoni breed...

I believe BSDs to be a little more communal, I wouldnt have any more than 2 in that size enclosure, just my opinion. A foor footer would be more suited as you could have multiple basking sites without overheating the enclosure. I currently have 2 juvi's in a 60x45x45 and will be upgrading them to a 4 footer in time

IMO I'd only keep one in there. If you want to keep two you should have a 4x2x2ft enclosure minimum (that's 120x60x60cm)
That's what I keep my breeding pairs in anyway. I keep the babies I purchase in 100l tubs (1 per tub) and then move them into big enclosures when ready.

Oh, forgot to mention, it isn't about agression it is about space. Beardies are quite social and enjoy company but they need space!

As juveniles they be fine but as they grow depending on the sex they will start to try mate with each other I had seperate my two last year coz they ended up male and female if your lucky and get all females they should be ok still might squabble from time to time

Mmmmm... I think everyone raises a valid point here & the general consensus is that a 4" x 2" x 2" is the smallest size enclosure to house 2 or more dragons... Thx for the advice everyone...

Keep them seperate mate. 3 foot is way too small for 3 of them. I have 1 female in a 3 footer. Just keep them seperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back