Termite fumigation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karnyge

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, yet another worry.

I awoke this morning to the sound of an air compressor, apparently pest control were fumigating under the house before putting new floors in, I went into the room where my two snakes are, and there was a smell of chemicals, their click clacks were already slightly covered with a towel for other reasons, I then relocated them to my room, do you guys think any harm would've been caused? When I got up the pest control company were packing up they had a long hose coming from their vehicle so no idea what substance they were using. Cheers

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I take it you rent and your real estate agent organised for fumigation? OR at very least that they didn't think to knock on the door when they arrived. Cause if you'd had warning about it, you could have arranged for housing the snakes elsewhere for a few hours. They probably should have warned you too... I know I'd want to be out of the house when they're spraying pesticides.

If they're in click-clacks, I take it they're young snakes. If they're going to get sick, you'll probably notice soon enough. I have no idea what the effects of an unknown chemical might be on a young snake, but the most common symptom for people exposed to pesticides is light-headedness, confusion, dizzyness, headache... if you're lucky nothing will come of it.

Yeah mate spot on, I had no idea, both are young snakes, it was sprayed under the floor beneath the house, not directly in room, still some notice would've been appreciated.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back