Terry Irwin speaks out on croc trade

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess she's exploited Bindi to the point of media saturation, Bob is still too young to dance on cue and she keeps killing the endangered animals she buys in, so the poor dear has to make a buck somehow.

Last edited:
Looks like Hoser may have some competition for the title of Australia's Most Embarrassing Herper this year. :p

I guess she's exploited Bindi to the point of media saturation, Bob is still too young to dance on cue and she keeps killing the endangered animals she buys in, so the poor dear has to make a buck somehow.

What sort of animals is she killing?

Can't see why they let her keep getting them if she has a bad track record.
I assume she has qualified vets on staff, doesn't say much about their abilities.

Darwin's tortoise and a white rhino.

I thought it was 2 white rhino's

I'd heard they bought a pair and they just deteriorated from when they got them in, even with the overseas experts with them, then she got two more in, and they're still alive.

but no I don't believe she has a handle on the issues........Does she even have a scientific degree or background to comment on scientific lies?

A scientific degree doesn't necessarily denote intelligence. Just look at the rubbish Prof. Bowman trotted out about introducing komodos and elephants to solve our feral issues! Maybe they could get together?

If you are going to accuse the established well documented ideas as being lies it often pays to understand what you are talking about, when studying wildlife management it covers sustainable harvesting of animals in a fair bit of detail, that's what I was getting at, Prof Bowman was just out to get his name in a journal, I personally think it did his credibility more harm then anything.

People without degrees can and often are more in tune with the processes in the real world, but this is purely an emotional topic for her with no basing in reality.

Just my opinion

If you are going to accuse the established well documented ideas as being lies it often pays to understand what you are talking about, when studying wildlife management it covers sustainable harvesting of animals in a fair bit of detail, that's what I was getting at, Prof Bowman was just out to get his name in a journal, I personally think it did his credibility more harm then anything.

People without degrees can and often are more in tune with the processes in the real world, but this is purely an emotional topic for her with no basing in reality.

Just my opinion

What credibility? Why do you think he moved from Darwin to Hobart. He was a laughing stock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back