Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild okay?
P1020076.jpg

Im in the process of building my tank. Working on the background for the moment. Waiting on a few items so I can get my hands dirty:D

Few questions, has anyone transported GT frogs far? Could they survive a 3 hour car trip?

Im in the process of building my tank. Working on the background for the moment. Waiting on a few items so I can get my hands dirty:D

Few questions, has anyone transported GT frogs far? Could they survive a 3 hour car trip?
Easily, just make sure they dont overheat and have moisture

thanks. I might look at getting some from Melbourne and drive them back here once I can get the enclosure up and going.

Lovely setups anyone ! what would good dimensions for 2 adult Green trees be ? And would an exo terra be alright ?

some of my guys and set ups

Attachments

• frog s.jpg
    frog s.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 331
  • frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Danity.jpg
    Danity.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_1071.jpg
    100_1071.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 185
Lovely setups anyone ! what would good dimensions for 2 adult Green trees be ? And would an exo terra be alright ?

I think a 2ft tall by 1ft aquarium should be sufficient. Provided there are lots of climbing for them to do:). The Exo terra ones would be great IMO. They sell a decent priced 45by60cm tank which would do the trick nicely.

Anyone have some exo terra vines they want to part with?

Haha, I have one that I'm planning to use :D That sounds awesome I think i can get an exo terra for around the 100-200 range :) If I bought 2 GTF and they both were male would they fight ?

I think a 2ft tall by 1ft aquarium should be sufficient. Provided there are lots of climbing for them to do:).

I've had a couple of GTFs since 2007 - we used to keep them in a 2' x 2' x 1.5' terrarium, and last Summer they got abrasion marks from trying to escape so much.

It was suggested to me by the good folks over at frogs.org.au that my enclosure was too small, and I needed to get something bigger. We chose to let them live in our (frogproof) bathroom instead, and the marks went away after a month or so. They are still doing well, and make shower time much more interesting :)

GTFs grow a fair bit bigger than some species and are very active, I'd recommend going much bigger than a 2ft tank. We were looking at getting an acrylic box made 3' wide by 2' deep by 6' tall before we thought of the bathroom.

I've had a couple of GTFs since 2007 - we used to keep them in a 2' x 2' x 1.5' terrarium, and last Summer they got abrasion marks from trying to escape so much.

It was suggested to me by the good folks over at frogs.org.au that my enclosure was too small, and I needed to get something bigger. We chose to let them live in our (frogproof) bathroom instead, and the marks went away after a month or so. They are still doing well, and make shower time much more interesting :)

GTFs grow a fair bit bigger than some species and are very active, I'd recommend going much bigger than a 2ft tank. We were looking at getting an acrylic box made 3' wide by 2' deep by 6' tall before we thought of the bathroom.

Photos of your bathroom... PLEASE!!! :D

Hmm, What size enclosure does everyone else recommend ?

p.s Is the care for a GTF similar to a Magnificent GTF ??

frogs.org.au recommends at least a 3' tank, but height is important for tree frogs. Once you've seen an adult GTF hop around it makes sense that these 1/2/3' short terrariums are too small.

some more pics :)

bathroom.jpgfrogshower2.jpgfrog1.jpg

the terrarium in the first pic has it's glass door off permanently so they can come and go

the 3rd pic was before we moved them to the bathroom

It's from reptilesinc.com.au, 60cm wide x 45 deep x 60 high. And like I mentioned, I've found it too small for adult GTFs :)

It also has a pump in the back and waterfall. It worked great for the GTFs when they were young, so it's probably fine for species who dont grow as big as GTFs

Bump:) Would love to see some more pics of perhaps some more different tree frogs :D

the 45x60x60 cm exo terra is fine for a pair of adult green trees....and two males will not fight.

some great setups and frogs. what are the temps for keeping frogs?? and is there anyone in brisbane that is selling any in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back