THE PLUSES OF BEING INVOLVED WITH HERPS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spooky

Reaction score
Apart from the obvious, breeding and keeping reptiles, the best things about herps is all the great people you meet.

My partner always invites people down to his place to check out how he sets up his reptiles as to see for yourself is a lot easier to understand than talking forever on the phone and most people take up the opportunity and I can honestly say that we have met the nicest people and families.

We belong to a couple of herp clubs and the people that we meet there are great as well. OK you are always going to meet with the odd pain but that is life! But the majority are great!

Not a chance...the best thing is finding something in the wild you've never found before.

I reckon that the best thing is watching them, move through the enclosure or on the ground something that a lot of people don't see out side the zoos; handling the buggers with outhers watching you is a good feeling, a feeling of power and control as all eye will be on you :D

Well Fay, having met both you and Garth, I'd have to say that the people involved with herps are generally great people. You guys were always great to spend time with, even if Lucy nearly killed me :) Has she settled down yet?

Simon Archibald

Hi Simon, you were one of those 'great' people! Lucy has definately settled down, she is a typical Great Dane now! Loungelizard!

Example - we went on a herping trip to get new Tigers and Copperheads for work the other weekend. All 11 species of reptile and amphibian I caught(Elapids - Notechis, Austrelaps and Drysdalia...Skinks - Lerista, Pseudemoia, Acritoscincus, Ctenotus...Frogs - Crinia, Litoria, Limnodynastes and a legless lizard, Aprasia) I have never caught before. We also found a heap more stuff I have caught before...

11 species I don't have to find anymore to reach the goal of finding every species (and major locality form) of reptile and amphibian in Australia...

Thanks for your kind words Fay. Also glad to hear that Lucy isn't as restless now :) She could've done some real damage...haha.

Simon Archibald

Re: RE: THE PLUSES OF BEING INVOLVED WITH HERPS

sxereturn said:
Not a chance...the best thing is finding something in the wild you've never found before.

have to agree with sxereturn, today i found my first macleays water snake at fogg dam so im very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back