The Story of the Car Stereo...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Well this story takes us back a few weeks, but it was about time it was told, it's an important story and clearly I have little better to do with my (what day is it today) night, so it's story time kiddies. Grab a rug and ya glass of warm milk, cause it's a great story of courage, excitement and Jimmy Barnes...

Go back a few weeks to when the All Blacks lost to France in the World Cup (Rugby) - yep, i remember that day, it was painful. I don't expect everyone to be nice to me or anything because my team lost, but some compassion would be nice. I mean I work with adolescent boys, and they hassled me so much it was tormenting! I did remind them Australia lost to England... but they had a good come back, England are the world champs, so there!

Well, after a week of these torments I decided I needed to buy my sorrow away and I always wanted a new car stereo and I had a bit of dosh to spend, so why not?

So I was chatting to a friend of mine who said he had bought his stereo from Autobahn and they were great (he's an Australian friend, he didn't realise he was sending me to hicksville).

So I took his advice and went to Autobahn with a cheerful glee that could only get knocked out of me by a rednecked salesman.

They were quite busy in there, so I was looking round. I knew I wanted a stereo with an MP3 player (I don't want an iPod and use my radio) and I saw two or three systems well within my price range that looked perfect!

Eventually the salesman finished serving the pretty lady and came over to me. He did the usual "What can I get you today?" line... Not surprising. I told him what I wanted and that it needed to have MP3 - he asked if I wanted speakers as well, or will the ones in my car do. I thought, why not, I need to splash out - it's only once every four years that the All Blacks lose at the world cup, so yeah, show me the speakers!

You know what his first line was?

"I'm not going to sell you any of these (he used a swear word here) speakers, come look at these... They're Focale (he used a funny accent)"

I answered, "Focale you say?"

"Yes," he replied "Focale, they're French..."

I laughed and said, yeah, haha.. I'm not into French stuff at the moment haha...

I didn't tell him why, I was worried he was going to think I was a kiwi for a second!

"Ok" I said "let's hear them..."

And he did the whole spiel, oh, you need these jolly expensive ones up here to make it sound good blah blah blah... So I humoured him...

He went and got a big book of discs, flipped through them...

I stopped him and said "I generally like dancey bassey type music (knowing he wouldn't have what I'd like)... "I'm not really into commercial stuff ." I told him

"Oh, you'll love this" he said!! "It sounds great!"

He took out a red disc, the writing on it was "Australian Greats"

errrrrrm.. oooook... Um... No, I don't like that sort of music and I don't listen to it, there's no point in playing it... But you know what - he went ahead anyway...

He mutters "Track number.... five..."

He flicks it forward and Khe Sahn strikes up and he's like air guitaring to it...

WOT THA.....? I exclaimed, I don't like Jimmy and I will never listen to it, do you have something dancey...?

He said no, but it sounds great doesn't it?

I walked out.... Very disappointed... I knew I should have had breakfast that morning, cause I was getting hungry and I needed to buy something!

So I went to the new Wow store, saw a LCD screen I liked, said "I'll take it... if you throw me in a couple of DVD's and take $100 off the price" he said done (after a bit of murmouring) and I went home!

Though I can't see out of the screen of my car anymore but I purchased an awesome TV hehe...

why do salesman have to be such ********s all the time,
especialy when it comes to car audio..
i know what i want when i walk into a store,
went to buy the new pioneer AVIC-HD3 a few months back.
the newest, best deck on the market
awsom headunit, touchscreen, harddrive, nav, bluetooth, etc. all the ****, costs big bux ,
but i knew what i wanted, went into this shop to get it,
maybe thought i was bullshit, but this is what i got fed......

knob: sorry mate, we don't have any yet, haven't been released, no one has em yet
but i do have these sansui ones, they are only $600,
sounds crazy, feature here, feature there.

me: thats great mate, but i just told you what i wanted, i didn't ask to see anything else.
do you have the pioneer i want?

knob: no, sorry, none..
but these sansui are just as good, heaps cheaper, look sick, yap yap yap.

i just wanted to bash his head against the display...

i called jb hifi,
they said i can have it here in tomorrow and can instal it on sat for you,
since your the 1st one to get this deck from us, i'll throw all this crap in.. free..

got a better price than the other place, don't need to say who they are, you will work it out.
got install free, got extended warantee free, and gat a night vision reversing camera free...

thats what i call service

Mate I love the LCD - I will never go to Plasma or CRT again! But now :( I need an HD DVD player - so yeah, it cost me more int he long run.

Hey, hows the Nav unit going Twenty_B? They sound cool!

Are they safe from thieves though?

There's only one thing worse than annoying salesman - thieves!!! But really, they're much of a muchness!

what LCD did you get, and what size? I am getting one post christmas but havn't made up my mind which one yet

slim, it is awsom, looks like it was there from the factory, very hard to see it, doesn't stand out until it's turned on

what LCD did you get, and what size? I am getting one post christmas but havn't made up my mind which one yet

Sharp Aquos 37in - any bigger and I'd need to get a new house :p

It's honestly perfect for my place! Seen them quite cheap on Shop Bot now to, so very much worth the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back