The things you find when you aren't looking!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild_Storm

Reaction score
On Friday night my young son decided to use the couch as a Trampoline. I walked into the room to see (his father ignoring his antics) him lose his balance and go face-first into the Coffee Table (men DON'T listen- I had asked him to move it ages ago to save this event from happening!). So we attended the Hughenden Hospital (don't go there unless you WANT to die!! Charters Towers the next day was a better option for my son's health.).

As we walked up the steps, I saw a gray Gecko (looked like a standard house gecko, but slightly mottled)- it was huge!!! It was about 6 inches long. I pointed it out to my son, who loves Geckos... He stopped crying long enough to say "Go-Ko".

THEN I looked closer- it had SPINES on it's tail!!!! I have lived most of my life in or around Hughenden and NEVER had I seen one until the other night. :oops: It was just a normal greyish/lightly mottled colour- nothing remarkable until you looked at it's tail... Now the idiotic question, but I just can't stop myself... :oops: Are they normally that big?? And are they native to the area, or is it an escapee??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back