Themostats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

$@NT@

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Im relatively new to reptiles, im aquiring a central bearded dragon soon, and im a little confused as to the thermostats.
For a beardie, am i right in saying that it needs a basking spot temp of approx 40C?
if so, how is this stated?
-most stats ive seen only go up to 32C, so in this case, does the probe go in the centre of the enclosure, and it is about trial and error to find a correct temp at both ends, and then what it is in the centre and keeping it that.
i wll be putting a thermometer at both end, either that or be using a dual display.
In that case, the way mentioned previously should work. but im just out for some advice. and information as to how others stat their enlosures.

Thanks
-Mitch

I don't bother using a stat for all my beardies.. on hot days ill turn it off.. aslong as you keep the cool end in the 20s.

Thanks Dave94,
however i think id prefer to use a stat to give me the peace of mind, i wont always be around home to turn it off on those hot days.

-Mitch

hey,
if you really want to get a thermostat for your dragon (personaly i dont use one, but i am home a lot) it depends on what sources of heat you a re useing... if you are just using a heat mat i would recommend a cheaper microclimate themostat but for lights i would try something like a B1 or B1ME also from microclimate... but its up to you generally thermostats are pretty reliable... also be sure to put a thermometre in your tank to make sure the thermostat is accurate...
hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back