Spotted DIY TV Cabinet Conversion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam10_1990

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

Im planning on converting my TV cabinet into a enclosure for my almost full length spotted (about 1m)

I'm just looking for ideas on how to setup the lighting and such, Ive got a general idea on how I want to build the cabinet, (its going to have an external lift up lid, then an internal lid and the cabinet has a set of cane doors which i will use to give him privacy, with glass sliding doors on the inside.)

Im thinking of using a full length fluorescent light for day time lighting, a heat bulb and large heating mat under a tile for the warm end (34 degrees), and a small heating mat tile at the cold end (24 degrees) both running on separate micro climate b1 stats (with dimming) and using just a timer for day time lights. (what can i use for night time viewing?)
I will be using self regulating heat mats.

Im assuming im going to need to cage up the fluorescent lights so George doesnt wrap around it and pull it out.

I have the rough idea but having never kept a snake before let alone built an enclosure i want to see what others have and have built, something designed for a spotted preferably. oh and i am going to include vents, but where should i put my thermostat temp sensors? i plan on having three thermometers, one at each end and one in the middle.

something like this for lighting.

Attachments

• light for enclosure.jpg
    light for enclosure.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 65
Depending on how fussy you are on the look,just a batten holder with a tube would be fine (inside a cage as you said). We've used some battery-powered led lights from bunnings for some secondhand enclosures we bought. They have a swivel on them so you can aim the lighting.

Have a search on this site and see what u come up with.loads of enclosure builds tht will give u lots of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back