Thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reen08

Not so new Member
Reaction score
At the moment I have 2 analogue with led indicator hooked up. I'm going to change this shortly as I've found it's not very reliable.

I'm looking at buying a Vivarium Electronics VE-300X2. Can you tell me if any of you have used this type and is it any good. If not, what would you recommend for temp/humidty?

I have 2 pythons

Thanks for your help

Don't worry about humidity unless you have highly sensitive species, such as GTPs, but even then it's not critical to manage it closely.

Jamie

We've never worried about humidity, unless any of our snakes had trouble shedding. That has mainly been our spotted's; a bigger water bowl (wider surface area) did the trick.
Regarding thermostats, we use timers instead. Just plug your heat source into the timer, and play around with the on-off increments until you get good temps. Best way to measure your temps is with an infra red temp gun, rather than a thermometer.
All of our snakes are healthy, eating and shedding with no problems.

I bought the enclosure and it already had an analogue temp gauge with 2 ceramic lamp holders all wired together. Would it be better to get a sparky in to rip out the old analogue? At the moment I'm getting lamps on their own switch, moon glow on its own switch.

What would you recommend?

I would like to have the basking on during the day and switch over to moon at night. I'll be adding a waterfall which I can turn on once a week for humidity if needed. Enclosure also has an internal power point with no switch at all, so that is always a live point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back