This Season's Baby Albino Death Adders!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just beautiful. You must be proud of those bubs :)

I admit have a soft spot for death adders even though I know only too well that they are capable of literally ending my life ;)

Sdaji they are absolutely stunning......and as you know I am too much of a 'hands on' person to ever own one !! But they are beautiful and I can appreciate them !! Best wishes for the bubs and may they all grow into beautiful Death Adders admired by all !!

Elizabeth

well done. is it true the albino adders arent good feeders?

Umm, cut and paste from an earlier post from Sdaji to Shooshoo... "The albinoes are pretty good feeders though, and they grow quickly... "

I think this means they're "pretty good feeders"...!

Heartiest congrats to you young fella! ;) They are truly beautiful animals, and absolutely adorable babies, well done!

Enjoy the little tykes!

(we'll expect a thud one day when you come off the clouds! :lol:)

Congrats,
Carolyn

Yes, very dull looking babies as you say. If life could always be that dull...
Nice work your doing there.

Wow they look great, especially those adults :D if you don't mind me asking, how much are they worth?

Thats awesome adders are the only albino i like may be contacting you when im out of uni:D
good work

*breaths deeply into a brown paper bag and mumbles.....*

They are very nice....

Thanks, everyone! :)

Sorry to take a while to respond to PMs! I'll get back to everyone ASAP. There were a few questions in there, I'll answer those in here too... again, ASAP!

I saw a feeding question in the thread. They feed just as well as the hets, and these are pretty easy to get feeding by Death Adder standards. I still haven't had to force or assist feed one, and they've all started on unscented, thawed pink mice. It's quite lucky really that the albinoes popped up in a litter which weren't tricky feeders. It has made the whole project a lot nicer not having to frig around with nasty feeders :lol: Obviously some are more piggy than others, but once they've had about 10 feeds or so most are very piggy :lol: Some will stop feeding during winter, especially the males, but no different from the hets or 'normal' Death Adders.

I've often been asked if they are still venomous or if they behave differently, etc etc, but the only two differences I can tell between the albinoes and their 'normal' siblings is the colour (obviously :p ) and the albinoes being less tolerant of bright sunlight (not that I take them into sunlight much at all). As far as I can tell their eyesight is normal. They certainly respond to movement in the same way as their siblings, and you can see their pupils contracting and dilating according to light levels, just as the hets (or any other Death Adders) do. The albino Carpets are said to be better handlers... I can't say I've been able to see any difference with the Adders, but I suppose I could say that as far as I know, no albino Northern Death Adder has ever bitten anyone, so they have a perfect handling record so far ;) :lol:

(Please don't test it)

When they're hungry and they see you they lure just like normal, which I find really funny since they are brightly coloured :lol:

Oh, someone asked if the babies have fangs large enough to get through your skin... yep! They do. Unless you're allergic to them the babies won't bother you much though... please don't test it ;)

please don't test it ;)

I for one wouldn't dare try to see if even a baby death adder would have enough venom to make me ill let alone kill me. If it were me, any venomous animal would be treated with utmost respect, and no compromises made in any way, considering that venomous animals, like any animal, can turn on you and bite you and in many cases unexpectedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back