thorny devils

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbo

Reaction score
i have always really wanted to be able to see a thorny devil in the wild and in a couple of days i might be lucky enough to have the chance.
i am going to Perth tomorrow for three weeks for a holiday and i am hopefully getting a new cannon 450D camera for Christmas. i am wondering if anyone new were a good place to drive to so i can spot a couple of them. me and my dad are willing to drive for 1 or 2 hours.
any help would be appreciated.:D

we saw a fair few of them when we travelled around AUSSIE ,,,strange little lizards really cute too ...but we were out bush camping in isolated areas ...not sure from perth where you could go if you only want to travel 1 -2 hours from the city ....maybe a zoo then......

I can't help you, but damn I wish I could come! I too would love to see some thorny devils as well as alot of other wildlife from that sorta landscape.

I'll get to it one day, plenty of time ahead...

they are my fav lizard but i have never really seen one lol. except the zoo
i don't want to go to the zoo i really want to see them in the wild

i dont think 2 hours out of sydney is gonna be quite enough
try wa , nt or sa mostly central australia. take a trip up to ayres rock.

I think he meant 1-2hours out of where they're staying in perth?

yer maybe i will just try and go to a local national park up north of perth and try my luck.

If you drive 1 - 2 hrs from Perth, you will proberly still be in Perth. Exmouth is a pretty good place to find them, although that's about 8hrs out of Perth. I've heard of people finding them a Yanchep (Northern suburb of Perth), but I would probably suggest going up to Lancelin. Its pretty good at Lancilin and a lot of people go there for a holidays.

Good luck with your herping.

If you drive 1 - 2 hrs from Perth, you will proberly still be in Perth. Exmouth is a pretty good place to find them, although that's about 8hrs out of Perth. I've heard of people finding them a Yanchep (Northern suburb of Perth), but I would probably suggest going up to Lancelin. Its pretty good at Lancilin and a lot of people go there for a holidays.

Good luck with your herping.

thnx that is very helpfull i will see if i can get to one ore two of those places:D

omg i am so jealous:evil::evil::evil::evil:
you are so lucky i can not wait until i can hold one:D:D:D

most people have seen this photo...but its my fav.

1a61copy.jpg

top photo ecosnake great little reptiles would love to have one in my collection

1 more. don't you love the prehistoric look that these little guys have.:)

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 58
Awesome little creatures that feed totally on ants, i'd love to start an ant farm to enable me to have one but do they eat the Black introduced common ant or do they only eat the indiginous species?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back