Tiger snake food...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys...i was just reading around about tiger snakes and i noticed a article which had a picture of a captive tiger snake eating a peice of chicken??....i would of thought theyd get sick off it to....has anybody else fed this to them?? is it just like chicken breast and is it actually better for them than fuzzy's... Australia's Tiger Snakes last picture on the bottom "EDIT" oh and is it good or bad to feed a snake while hes shedding?

Last edited:
Can't comment on the feeding of chicken, but regarding feeding while shedding some snakes will eat and some will refuse to eat while shedding. Personally i've never tried as i just see it as causing unnecessary stress, though this is from a python point of view i'm not sure if Elapids are maybe more active eaters.

Most snakes will eat chicken, chicken tastes good. Im fairly sure tiger snakes can eat fairly rotten stuff so i wouldnt worry about it hurting them.

I feed alot of my pythons chicken necks-drumsticks,considering Tiger snakes eat mutton birds etc i couldnt imagine their being much of a difference compared to chicken.The only thing about feeding chicken is what comes out the other end,compared to rodents...

so normal boneless chicken breast would be ok? and anymore info on whether or not you should attempt to feed during a shed?

Most carnivores benifit from whole animals, especially internal organs, go for day old chicks. All our elapids love them as a treat

I have read an article in which a adult wild tiger was seen to regurg a baby rabbit full of maggots, they dont seem to be fussy eaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back