TIGERBITE , a very bad experience

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerbite

Reaction score
Hi from TIGERBITE ...1st post
New here so bear with me while l introduce myself.
Firstly l have nothing yo do with reptiles etc etc ..

13 years ago l was bitten by a Tiger snake [hence the name ] at the Wyong Golf Course.
lt was 3 degrees ,early August and torrential rain at the time bitten [single strike]
Its a long 13 year story of medical mayhem and very serious consequences that have been ongoing til now. The problems that bite has caused over the years to me physically [and mentally ] have been life altering and not to be wished upon anyone...even if you disliked them intensly. My reason for this post is l would like to have feedback from anyone bitten by a Mainland Tiger in approximatly 6 to 12 years ago to contact me IF.................................
THEY/ YOU HAVE HAD UNUSUAL MEDICAL PROBLEMS SINCE, OR EVEN HAVE UNEXPLAINED LIFE STYLE CHANGES HAPPEN GRADUALLY OR ABRUPTLY, YEARS AFTER THE BITE. These changes would have had .....................................
NO OBVOUS MEDICAL REASON, AND YOU MAY EVEN HAVE LITERALLY BEEN WRITTEN OFF BY THE MEDICAL PROFESSION AS I WAS REPEATEDLY.

I had Dr Straun Sutherland intervene very early in my case and because of this my sanity and life was saved further down the track when things started going really wrong...and l was told constantly .....nothing was wrong ....and Tiger bites had no long term affects on you!!
l now this to be false and would like others to share their stories so info can be collated [Straun Sutherland was doing this]
I realise many have been bitten with no OBVIOUS long term problems, good upon you but l;m not interested those episodes.
My story would be looooong and boring to most because most of it is a 'Ripley's Believe It Or Not' type of happening, but l do know there are others going through the same nightmare i've experienced and it is those this note is directed to.

Parks and Wildlife are also following up on this so please if you can help with REAL LIFE case histories Thanks in anticipation
TIGERBITE

Goes to show venom research still has a long way to go. Sorry I cant help but I hope everything goes well for you.

12months since i was bite no probs here ,perhaps you should speak to the likes of John Cann he might know of some thing
Mick

I'M NOT A COP u gotta believe me...and l TOTALLY refuse to die ..fast or slow.
IN 13 YEARS I LOST A LOT BUT NOT MY SENSE OF HUMOUR.
It is a very long saga and l will fill u in as time goes by ...thanks for interest
TIGERBITE

u should contact ken winkel at www.avru.org he has access to a lot of documentation relating to tigersnake bite...if you havnt already
what were / are your long term affects?
i know i wont be bored by any descriptions of the effects of elapid envenomation

cop? what the hell........
= something to do with whiteys sig

I'm curious as to your story as well.
Where abouts are you located now?
Where were you bitten?

12months since i was bite no probs here ,perhaps you should speak to the likes of John Cann he might know of some thing
Mick
Hi Mickousley and thanks for posting
The consensus of a lot of Dr 's who attended me at GOSFORD hospital in 93 was NO ANTI VENENE WAS REQUIRED AT THAT TIME...2 days later it was discovered l had far more venom than showed up originally
This was the 1st time the new snake bite testing kit had been used.
l was told that under the circumstances l had as much chance of the anti venene killing me as the actual bite ...hence the decision was made to give me none.[after much debate ,in which l was involved...but it was the blind leading the blind]
This was the 1st tiger bite at this hospital..mistakes were made and i've paid the price since.
Anyway that is another bit of the story, but l have two q's for you .....did you take anti.. and who is John Cann ?? [forgive my ignorance,as l know nothing of this type of site or the people on it etc etc l 'm simply trying to find other who are in the same boat as my experience WILL help them ]
TA TIGERSNAKE

oh that has to suck
in the wrong place at the wrong time
sorry mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back