Time to introduce myself!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4sons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

My name is Lorraine and I have been a member here for a while, but have just enjoyed learning from all of you very experienced people. Felt it was time to make an introduction.

Unlike my avatar suggests, I have 5 sons, all of whom (well the older four at least) are increasingly interested in keeping reptiles (must have rubbed off from their mother). Our wish list keeps growing.

Currently we have 2 Murray Short Neck Turtles and a Central Bearded Dragon. On Monday I should be picking up 3 Norther Spiny-tailed Geckos (have fallen in love with Geckos) and we are looking to 'step up' to a snake toward the end of the year.

Well that's about it. Hope to chat soon.

Hi Lorraine, welcome to the site.

Funny that you say so will 'step up' to snakes after geckos & dragons - I have only kept pythons so far but I would consider keeping any other reptiles as a 'step up' as they seem much harder to look after than a python!

:)

5 BOYS!!! wow!! Welcome....I was like you too, just read from others experiences, we've just got our first reptile (little spotted python) My 2 boys love her already (well my 4 year old, 18month old just wants to eat it and play with it) anyway WELCOME I hope you enjoy... I know I do!!

yellowtamarin - snakes seem like such a bigger deal to me, anything that can bite you deserves so much more respect. My turtles and dragon are unlikely to cause pain :). Can't wait for the first snake tho.

JasonL - It was the bus trip that brought me out of hiding - thought it was better to have my 'face' out there rather than being a complete stranger when we turn up.

Leezel73 - so want a spotted python, I think that will be snake number 1. My kids are really excited about the concept. 5 boys is not so impressive really - it's just really noisy!!

Welcome out of the shadows Lorraine. :)

Snakes are easier to keep than lizards imo, so maybe it will be a step down, a good one though. ;) :)

Neil

Thanks NCHERPS. So far we have found keeping the Dragon to be really easy (only had him since March). If keeping a snake is easier than that, I will be very pleased!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back