'Toad Day Out'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think a Toad Night Out would be better, only toads i see during the day are squashed ont he road. If it was held at night you would get heaps.

Yer its a good idea to help reduce some of the numbers of toads, unfortunatelly with breeding so prolific their would be a high replacement rate. but taking away toads and reducing the possibility of a few more thousand more is a great idea.

- what about an APS collection night, who ever collects the most . . .? gets to feel good and save some herps.
-L

hey not a bad idea luke, we could maybe organise a toading night for APS have some fun catching toads hang out and get to know other members etc maybe have a BBQ beforehand then go out toading.

well its in someone elses hands, i cant organise things haha

Nat ;)

I have a freezer I could donate for the night to fill up with toads.. just a little one but id dare say you would fit in well over 100...

I remember going toading as a child... organised one i mean... we got a freddo frog for every toad :D

I've been saying this for years! I still do my bit when i find a toad.

Hope they go through with this.

Sounds like a great idea. My sons kindly rid the earth of 96 toads in our first week in QLD:)

"the most disgusting creature known to man." i think thats a bit off an exxageration i dont like them because they are a pest an are killing native wildlife but they are kinda cool in an ugly kinda way and if they werent such a pest id probley keep one .... but still our native wildlife is a lot more important an id be up for a 'toad day out'

cheers fura

I know some people don't see the point in going out after them but i still think we shouldn't be giving up on these little horrors. If you have a Toad hunt day and repeated it annually i guess it may help in keeping the numbers down each year. It can't hurt to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back