Trapped bluetongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Check this out,one of my bleetongues that was in the process of sloughing has managed to find a small plastic ring and stick its head trough,the plastic would have come from grass clippings i put in its cage for it to bury itself in,i cut it off and the lizard appears unharmed.Ive heard of snakes getting trapped in tin cans but this is new for me,sign of the times unfortunately.

Last edited:
It looks tight lucky you noticed it.

re Trapped

Yeh jordo,it had onley been on from late yesterday i think,a reall warning to humans on the dangers to wildlife from our waste products.

well done zulu,these guys need our help when there is so much plastic around,i hate the stuff and always cut up the plastic can holders from the 6packs,try not to use to many plastic bags etc, but its a bit disheartening when you go to your local beach and see the amount of crap washed up and what it can do to the marine environment as well.

Yeh ime lucky to spot it in time ssnakeman,i guarantee that would be the onley plastic ring in the grass clippings in its shelter so you can imagine how the various reptiles go with the debris around roads,yards and rubbish tips,many would die trapped without being found at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back