Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
i am interested in purchacing either a pair of brown/banded tree snakes or common (green) tree snakes. i was wondering if anyone has any usfull info that i should take into account before actually aquiring these specimens?

cheers
charles

BTS - If they get a good bite on you, they keep chomping until they get those rear fangs into your flesh :)
GTS - Fish eater

I am thinking of getting either a banded tree snake or a goldren common tree snake for christmas too.

wow me 2......weird. when cleaing out cages at twp the Golden tree snakes are pretty agro, their defensive display is pretty awesome

Having recently relocated a trio of GTS to the site for the Queensland Herp Soc. I can say only this, I WANT !!!!!!!!!!
Wild caught and great to handle, I WANT

gts arent very hard to handle unless u try to restrain them and if they do bite i reckon a garden skink hurts more.
my bts is agro in the tank but wen handling he is usually fine and he has never kept chomping down on my arm to get his fangs in, it is more of a bluff. Oh yeah i think u would already know that they need a virticly built tank and usually a fair bit of humidity.
ps- the worsti hav endured in gts attack is being farted on.....IT STINKS!!

tree snakes let out a really bad odour wen distressed, it stinks bad and is hard to wash off

So do slatey grays..................YUCK.......and it doesnt come off for a few days..any ideas of how to get rid of the smell guyz?

I have also been thinking of getting a pair of NT bandeds (brownies) but I have heard that BTS are very aggresive, but this is usually in books referring to wild specimens. So, are captives aggressive to the point where they strike every chance they get or can they be handled? Anyone keeping these I would greatly appreciate some info from.

naaaaa try snakesNT www.snakesNT.com 200 buks for subadult banded form, know for sure as well as I have been to inspect them twice

thanks for all the info everyone you have been very helpful.
i wouldn't get them from snakesnt, but exotic pets have them for $150 as hatchies at the moment and are quite good looking specimens too.

Nice MM, will go looksie this weekend then!

A guy forget his name MM will know, from Noonamah NT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back