Trip Alice Springs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Central Australia, what a wonderfull part of the world.....when i think of Oz; those jagged cliff faces and red-desert sands come to mind, very Oz....Love the Parentie, awesome beasts.....thanks for that mate; brings many good old times, to memory.....thanks for that...

Lots and lots of reptiles. The largest amount of reptiles found in Sand country was 440 reptiles on one hectare. That makes Australia the only country in the world with such a huge diversity and density of reptiles........

Ricko said:
Did ya have a swim at Ellery Creek Big Hole?

yeah man...it was soooooooo cold...I mean cold...my body was hurting it was that cold

Insectdude I am coming back agian....hopefully at the end of the year.....lol

AGAMIDAE said:
yeah man...it was soooooooo cold...I mean cold...my body was hurting it was that cold

But I bet it was a welcome relief from the heat!

Next time, keep going west to Redbank Gorge. Absolutely beautiful the way the river has carved the gorge at an angle, so when you swim up it the gorge walls overhang you like a cathedral. Very cold water - so cold in fact that you are recommended to use an inflatable mattress. Reptiles often fall in and can't get out again because of the slippery walls, they quickly chill and sink to the bottom.

:p

Hix

Redbank Gorge
Redbank_Gorge_West_Macdonnell_Ranges_NT_2003.jpg

View up the Gorge
Redbank_view_of_Gorge_NT_2003.jpg

River up the gorge (well, creek would be a better description)
redbank_river_in_gorge_NT_2003.jpg

Black-footed Rock Wallaby at the Gorge
Blackfooted_Rock_Wallaby_Redbank_Gorge_NT_April_2003.jpg

Hix

yeah i didnt swim at ellery when i was there was way toooooo cold and was at night time anyways.

Sorry those shots are a little dark, I scanned them from slides. Might try again and alter the contrast so you can see the darker bits a bit better.

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back