Trip to Japan - lots of pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like to add what I have from my most recent trip to Japan. Did hiroshima upto Hokaido and all inbetween :)
Here are some pics people should see :D
Yes...there is a sizzlers in Tokyo. Found this by accident and OMG... it was awesome. The quality of the food and how it was presented was top notch and a pity that sizzlers in Australia doesn't take as much pride. They even played aussie music on the speakers :D
Sizzler.jpg

Chestnut flavoured Kit Kat - it was actually pretty good.
KitKat.jpg

I always wanted fresh sand...
FreshSand.jpg

These are a couple of pics from the aquarium in Osaka. massive indoor 5 storey tank with 2 whale sharks about 6-7m long and every kind of fish and shark. The windows you look through are about 5m x 4m and 300mm thick. The aquarium as 1.5times the annual production of acrylic used in the panels :D
Whaleshark.jpg

This is a Sunfish (these get to 4m diameter and 3tonne)
Sunfish.jpg

This dog is 22yrs old and blind...
olddog.jpg

Cherry blossums
Sakura.jpg

At the time the new shinkansen was coming to Hokaido - will do 360km/hr. The Shinkansen shown earlier in the thread does about 320km most of the time.
Shinkansen.jpg

These are traffic barriers in Hiroshima :D
bunnybarriers.jpg

The garage is just not quite big enough lol
garrage.jpg

Virides, now there's only one whale shark at the aquarium and no more sunfish.
Boulder, you will be amazed at how clean Tokyo is.

Virides, now there's only one whale shark at the aquarium and no more sunfish.
Boulder, you will be amazed at how clean Tokyo is.

Aww, they were the best part... hopefull they didnt just die and rather were relocated.

On a positive note Ueno Zoo in Tokyo has a Giant Panda again, i went there in 2008 and about a week prior to me going to the Zoo to see said Panda... it had died -_-

I have many Japanese friends and they are all very polite and friendly people. Almost to a fault!
One of them, a Hiroshima local was training with us for a while, and i asked what the scar on his thigh was from.. He said it was a branch removal as a kid. Yes when born, his thigh bone had branched out like a tree and it was removed while young. I guess his parents and grandparents were affected by the fallout. Top bloke though and a hard hitting man too!

Thanks for sharing the photos Virides. My favourite weird Kit Kat was the greentea 'air' version that looks like it is covered in bright green foam. I wasn't game to try it, but fresh roasted chestnuts were tasty. I wanted to go to that aquarium in Osaka, but got outvoted :(.

Yes, they are still using those traffic barriers in Hiroshima and similar ones in some parts of Kyoto.

We didn't see the 'fresh sand', but liked the horse lotion and lip balm which are probably made from horse fat. Worst menu items: "squid entails" and "whale bacon".

Last time I was in japan I spent 3 days in Hiroshima and slept on a park bench every night.

Cheers Brenton

Worst menu items: "squid entails" and "whale bacon".

I had whale bacon when i was there, its basically very salty beef.

I also had dolphin (iruka), really...really strong.

The worst food i had was this kind of root thing that when my partner's mum brought it home I thought it would be a kind of roasted yam... but i was wrong. It came out to me as a bowl of slime. It looked like 50ppl spat in a bowl. It was tasteless and just horrible... but I had to try *shudder*.

Not my thing at all, give me a steaming mangrove creek at sunrise with 1kg muddies and meter+ threadfin salmon and no-one for 20km. But that's me.

It looks interesting but I hate crowds, and after managing a large volunteer conservation organistion in FNQ, where half the volunteers were Japanese, I find them a bit banal (generalisation I know). And I hate the cold.

Great pics and I love the dawgs outfits! Did your snakes get anything?????

I have many Japanese friends and they are all very polite and friendly people. Almost to a fault!
One of them, a Hiroshima local was training with us for a while, and i asked what the scar on his thigh was from.. He said it was a branch removal as a kid. Yes when born, his thigh bone had branched out like a tree and it was removed while young. I guess his parents and grandparents were affected by the fallout. Top bloke though and a hard hitting man too!

Training? As in fight sports training or snake training?

Japan is a cool place for sure....Would love to get out their one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back