Trip to St George Failed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi every one it's me here just to let you all know i never managed to get to St George as the thread depicts.The reason being it is against the law to capture and photograph reptiles in the wild,although how many of us do it?
HEAPS.So i am very sad i couldn't play with the Mulgas and Womas and so on.Let me just finish by saying the government SUCKS!
i'll probably get into a bit of trouble saying that but that's life.On a brighter note my homemade incubator works as i've just hatched out 5 central beardies so far.there were only 12 to start with and 4 of them were infertile as i candled them all .Happy Herping all(your own reptiles not wild ones)PS:there are on the spot fines for those who are caught let's hear some more views on this topic shall we?

So i am very sad i couldn't play with the Mulgas and Womas and so on.Let me just finish by saying the government SUCKS!
Did you get to see these animals? I dont see the harm in photographing them at the location.
I agree the govt regs are prehistoric.
Cheers
Ad

I was told by a QLD ranger that you can photograph them in the wild without a permit, as long as you don't disturb or handle them.
You need a permit if you want to photograph for other commercial reasons.

Don't know what other states are like, but I don't see that NPWS have a problem in NSW as long as they aren't handled. After all many have posted pic's of Wild Herps in the past. Would you agree Jeff??

Neil

hey there
so , how were the authorities gunna know you were there anyhow ?
Oh - thats right - they are smart - hehehehehe - you ask them .....
i suppose its just like when a 7 foot brown snake is in my neihbours back yard - she is a 93 yr old pensioner - but i cant help her - i cant jump the fence and relocate it - but she can kill it with a shovel - good thinking NPWS !
And if i did relocate it and i am driving down the road to release it and a Woma is crossing the road - geeeeez , i can run over it without any worries in the world - but if i stop and pick it up to save its life - LOOKOUT - i will get a fine off NPWS - pretty smart fellas they are.
But ....... thats just my opinion of the authorities
Dave

snakey, you can't help it (therefore not your fault) if while you are taking a photo of the beautiful country side some silly little reptile happened to get in your picture... lol :wink:

snakey, you can't help it (therefore not your fault) if while you are taking a photo of the beautiful country side some silly little reptile happened to get in your picture... lol
lol... Those silly reptiles are so vain, they seem to ALWAYS be jumping into the frame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back