Tryons Gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,i got a female tryons gecko or southern spotted velvet gecko out on the grass to take a few photos,this is a large voracious,social and very colorfull gecko. :)

cute gecko, is it a good handler? dayurnal/nocturnal?

some enclosure shots wouldn't go amiss.

andrew

SLACkra said:
cute gecko, is it a good handler? dayurnal/nocturnal?

some enclosure shots wouldn't go amiss.

andrew
dayurnal slacko,you been to slateys spelling scool :wink: Sorry slacko that there is no enclosure shots,i could of got some of them running around and pulling faces through the glass,its a riot after they get handled,they are all happy and do the jigg poking their tongues out showing off 8)

zulu said:
Hi,i got a female tryons gecko or southern spotted velvet gecko :)

You learn something new everyday on APS. I didnt realise they were the same gecko with two different names.
I nearly bought a pair of these guys off Roy Pails a way back, but he only had males and I wanted a pair.

Great pics and beautiful Geckos.

tourett said:
zulu said:
Hi,i got a female tryons gecko or southern spotted velvet gecko :)

You learn something new everyday on APS. I didnt realise they were the same gecko with two different names.
I nearly bought a pair of these guys off Roy Pails a way back, but he only had males and I wanted a pair.

Great pics and beautiful Geckos.
Thanks tourett, yeh i always called them tryons geckos as did many others years ago as they are tryoni,apparently its too difficult and non descriptive for the powers that be like stimsons python for stimsoni. I think that one is a large blotced python :roll: Yep they are nice geckos with great color and good size that seem to get along well with a male and harem of girls :wink:

They're great little geckoes, mine will even come out during the day on the odd ocation, oh, I'm after adult females if there's any one out there who can help me ;)

its a riot after they get handled,they are all happy and do the jigg poking their tongues out showing off

so they like getting handled. we need photos of this "jigg" :)

andrew

They are good climbers too, eh colin.
tryons.jpg

SLACkra said:
its a riot after they get handled,they are all happy and do the jigg poking their tongues out showing off

so they like getting handled. we need photos of this "jigg" :)

andrew
Haha! mine hate being restrained :) , I had one death roll my finger once to show it's distaste. I only secure them if needed, other wise I let them sit in the palm of my open hand, I just have to make sure I have my other hand infront of it as they will jump. They are a pleasure to keep, great to watch em hunt :p

re Tryons

Slackra i think Dicco has them summed up when he says they can give you a nip then do a crocodile roll LOL They dont like being picked up,they are pint sized bruce lees that wish they were bigger so they could bite like a tokay gecko.Diccos says he loves to watch them hunt and so do i,they really hammer the big crix ferociously. :p

re Tryons

:D Pike 1 i can see that your little gecko is happy in mountainous terrain,worth doing a field study on for sure :p

No spare females sorry Dicco,that was a wild one.Now the gecko is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back