turtle help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_morris22

Reaction score
i have notice one of my turtles is turning agresive. thow not hurting the other turtles just making things hard for them. the other to seem ok and are alway around together. he always eats first and makes it harder for them to get off the ledge. But he is also the most active. when ever i open the lid he is there and whenever i put my hand in he is there.
is this normal if not what should i do ?
i got them new years day and they are all around the 17-18 cm reange and they are long necks.

thanks
ashley

Probably a male? what sp? same sp together? diff sp? How big a tank? how many?
Always looking for food IS normal, lol so is biting fingers that look like food. Sometimes they nip at each other and each shedding skin. given size it may be mating behaviour.
how long have they been together? recently introduced?

what sp? coomon long neck
same sp together? yes
How big a tank? 6 x 2 x 2 feet
how many? 3
how long have they been together?as far as i know
recently introduced? to a new tank on the new years eve.

At that size they are ready to be outside. The confined space allows the more aggressive to continue to beat up the subordinate. In a natural habitat they would probably move to a different location. Even turtles have pecking orders.
Turtles also have personalities. More so than other reptiles.

We currently have two males and a female. They all compete agressively for their food. Actually they are quite cute because they come running up the ramp from the pond for their food... but of course have to get back in the water to eat it.

Despite large size differences all eat at once all gobbling away until the last crumb is gone.

all eat at once all gobbling away until the last crumb is gone
Thats gotta be so cute, i wish i could see that, the turtles down at pet stock in hoppers are gorgeous, ive never seen turtles that up close before, i sat down there one day staring at them for hours. And them at me!

Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back